Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Seriously Camping: Annual Jackson Hole 4th of July

Every year for the last 20 years, my family has been making new adventures to Jackson Hole, to run the Snake River (Mad River). This year as great as any other. The river was running high, so Lunch Counter gave us a good ride! Make sure to never get this name confused, calling it Table Top or Lunch Table....you will never live it down!


The girls are amazing little campers! These little troopers are so well behaved and are beginning to love the outdoors as much as me and Bryce do!





Dad, Saige, Savannah, and I left for Jackson earlier than all the rest of our party, so we had some time to kill. We went to Teton National Park and Jenny Lake. I have seen these mountains many times and every trip brings me a new sensational feeling because of their beauty. The Tetons are so strikingly beautiful and there were so many cascading waterfalls, it was amazing!



These are the people who we were camping with. Blake, Kristin, Craig, Kari, Alli, Bryson, Sydney, and Lauren. We went to Bubba's BBQ on Friday the 4th. After dinner, we always walk around town, get ice cream, I always have to get me a hoodie, and then we finish the night with spectacular fireworks. The girls did remarkably well during their first fireworks. Savannah fell asleep right when they started and Saige wanted to watch them for a while before she fell asleep right in the middle of them. I cannot stress enough of how good my girls are!


Of course, the boys had to have their fix on fishing. They went fly fishing below the Palasade Dam while Kristin, Saige, Savannah, Gizzy, Sami, and I waited for them at the take-out. Their only complaint: sweat!


Savannah getting a bath after a major blow-out! Her peanut butter bum residue blew up her back, coated her onsie, and while taking her onsie off, it got all over her hair.


Saige taking a bath later that same night. Its amazing how dirty babies can get while camping, even though they get carried around.

2 comments:

Wight Family said...

Absolutely a fun trip!! We love Jackson Hole and their fireworks are the best we have ever seen on the 4th. You gotta love blow outs and the challenges of camping with babes. Sounds like you all had a great time! Jenny Lake is so beautiful!

Jamie said...

Wow twins? and camping? I'm impressed Whitney! I hope you don't mind me popping in to check on your cute little family!

Savannah Reagan Saige

Savannah Reagan Saige
My little EVERYTHINGS!


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com