Saturday, August 29, 2009

Brianna: My HERO!


My mind has been consumed with endless thoughts of Brianna. I have never met her, but feel so very close to her. Somehow, she has made her way into my life, which now I am forever changed. As I just finished a 4:00 AM feeding with my 2 week old baby, I am unable to sleep. I have been heartbroken over the last 3 days and have been tormented by her story. There are really no words to describe the remorse and sorrow I feel for Brianna, but I know there are definite words I feel for her abusers, but chose not to divulge. I have never felt so much hatred for anyone, until now.
This life altering story is eating at me in the pitt of my stomach and the back of my mind. I picture myself at the scene as the news reporters describe the brutal abuse and murder of this innocent 5-month old child. Somehow, I feel like I am responsible for her. I have constant thoughts of what I could have done to save her. Again, I have never met this child, but still, there must have been something I could have done. No, I guess I couldn't have, but there was family that could have and they chose not to protect her or defend her. Where was her voice?
This video clip is definitely life altering and very disturbing. I have been emotionally scared., however it is worth the pain I have felt. It has opened my eyes, softened my heart, and I know there are many more tears to come. Please watch this, only to help stop child abuse...it begins with you! (NO PUN intended).

Saige, Savannah, and Reagan, I love you. I am here for you and will do whatever I can to make sure you are happy, safe, appreciated, and loved. Perhaps my own children are the responsibility I feel in Brianna's behalf.





7 comments:

The Lindsey Family said...

This is the most saddest thing I have ever seen!! I love your post! I have felt the same way as you after watching this... I look at my baby and think to myself how anyone could do that to a child! What an awful ordeal for Brianna! May she rest in peace and be happy with the Lord...

Wight Family said...

I've always had a tender spot for others who have suffered abuse. This video, her story, borders the most terrible and horrific that I've heard of. My heart aches and breaks for Baby Brianna. Every time I hear of abuse of anyone, particularly children, I feel so many emotions it is hard to bear or describe. I don't know how anyone could do that, particularly to a baby, but to anyone. I'm appalled, saddened, shook up, angry... you name it.

May she rest in peace and love; for that is what she deserved while she was here, peace and love.

I do hope they've changed their laws to protect children a ton better.... and I don't want to be present in heaven when her mother, father, grandmother and uncles are called upon. I don't believe I could contain myself.

I think I'll go hold my baby and cry.

Wight Family said...

Whit, you know, I've been thinking about this post since I saw it two days ago, and this is a hard one to watch when you've just had a baby (since we are both in that boat) AND probably when you've got children that you love (again, sailing together there!). So don't be so hard on yourself! Love your babies. You were doing what you were supposed to be doing 6 years ago when this happened, loving children, wanting children. And that is exactly what Brianna would have wanted you to be doing. Helping her would have been so fantastic, but you weren't there. And that is terrible, but okay. :)

And you know that scripture about millstones? I don't think these folks would want millstones, I think they'd really be hoping for mountains tied about their necks.

Jamie said...

That is so heartbreaking... especially when I have a 5 month old, I just can't even imagine!

Rachel said...

Looking at those pictures just makes me cry. How could anyone hurt an innocent little baby. It is so horrific! I had to go hug my children and cry some more. Those people do not know what a wonderful blessing children are. But I know that you do understand that children are the most precious blessing anyone could ever receive, Whitney. And that's probably why it hit you the hardest. It's is totally heartbreaking that people can do this their child, while others want nothing more than to be blessed with and to love a child and may not even have that opportunity.

Christina said...

I CANNOT believe this!! My heart aches. I don't even know what to say... She is now happy and in a safe place...

Stoker Crew said...

People are sick. it makes you wonder what the HECK were they thinking. This poor inoccent child can not do a darn thing to protect. Parents and guardians are the protectors. We are suppose to protect our children. This story bring tears of sadness, but also tear of joy, that Brianna doesnt have to suffer any more abuse. God be with her. Definitely is a heartbreaking story no matter the age of your child. It makes me want to go hug Kennedy and tell her how much I love her. She is sleeping right now, but very peaceful. I wish all children had sweet and loving parents such as you and Bryce and Blake and I.

Savannah Reagan Saige

Savannah Reagan Saige
My little EVERYTHINGS!


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com