Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Sick, Sick, and More Sick

Saige and Savannah both are very sick! It all started on Sunday with a little runny nose. Strange thing, Saige got sick first. Savannah is the one who usually will get sick first and then Saige following right behind. I ended up taking off work on Monday to stay with the girls. I didn't have it in my heart to send them to the babysitter. Tuesday, Bryce was with them all day and he said they were really good in the morning, but by the end of they day they got really hard! They were very needy, clingy, and whiny! This morning, I was supposed to conduct a Student Council meeting at work and then go to a counselor meeting right after that. I got ready, got the girls fed, clothed, and butts changed. Then it all began! They were just screaming, runny noses like crazy, and I could tell they were absolutely miserable! I thought I left my phone in the car (which Bryce took to SLC for work today) so I couldn't call anyone. I finally emailed Bryce, with kids crawling all over me, screaming, and waited for his response. He replied back that my phone was in the car, but he moved it over to the truck this morning. Wheew, relief, but not soon enough. By then, it was already 8:30 AM and my meeting with student council started at 8:00 AM. I called school immediately to let them know what had happened and I wouldn't be coming in again today. The other advisors for student council bailed me out and took over the meeting. It's amazing that when you have kids, let alone when they are sick, you think about nothing else but them. I was a little overwhelmed when both girls were crying and I couldn't do anything about it. I don't have enough room or the capability to hold both of them comfortably on my lap! That was frustrating. I have to look on the bright side of things, it could be worse! I could have triplets or more. They are finally taking a nap right now, but now that I am resting, I feel like a head cold coming on! Wahoo, fun around our house!

2 comments:

Wight Family said...

Oh Whit! You and the girls! I feel so bad for ya. Hang in there. It is so hard to be a baby and not be able to tell mom exactly what you need. It is also so hard to be mom to someone who can't communicate it all to you!

Hope you enjoyed their nap!
Vick

Jamie said...

My kids have been sick too... I hope they get better. I agree with you, it is hard to be a mom to sick kids and think about much else! Hang in there, you should get some rest sooner or later! :)

Savannah Reagan Saige

Savannah Reagan Saige
My little EVERYTHINGS!


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com